When film producers needed an economical and efficient replacement for incandescent lights, they turned to OSRAM, and the HMI lamp was born. For more than 40 years, OSRAM HMI lamps have supplied the film industry with a high intensity light in a color temperature that closely simulates natural sunlight. The technology has received several awards and has remained an integral part of the film set across the world.
OSRAM has developed a new group of HMI lamps incorporating a doped UV Stop (UVS) quartzåÊ outer jacket, which reduces UVB and UVC emissions up to 99,9 %. UVS not only extends the life of fixture components, it also protects film crews and talent from UV radiation. Most importantly, HMI lamps equipped with UVS achieve these benefits without compromising performance.
Key features and benefits
- Reduced UV emissions of up to 99,9% for extended life of fixture components
- Colour temperature of 6,000K
- High colour rendering index of 90+
- Extremely bright, up to 100 lumens/watt
- Hot restart capability
- Drastically reduced UV emissions